Steering Rack – Part 2

When the steering rack was completed, more
we noticed that we could not tighten the tie rods enough on the threaded rod ends of the steering rack to get the front end close to being aligned.  So, we had to remove the tie rods so we could cut off a piece from each threaded rod.  I needed to purchase a tie rod removing pry tool to do this, which made the job pretty easy.  Unfortunately, it also damaged the grease boots, so I had to also purchase a new pair of those.  Once we cut off ~1″ of the threaded rods there was enough adjustment to get the front aligned.  The parts were then reassembled.

Steering rack, Uncategorized

Leave a Reply